Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cosmic Gradient! My Favorite Things Nail Challenge Day 7 "Glitter"

Hello everyone!

Today is day 7 of My Favorite Things Nail Challenge and the theme is Glitter!

When I think about glitter, I instantly think about a gradient if I want to do nail art. But I wanted to do something a bit complicated for the challenge so I went for a 4 polishes gradient:


As a basecoat I wanted to try using one coat of PVA glue, that's what I did so I'll keep you guys updated on my thoughts!

To achieve the design I started with one coat of China Glaze - Stone Cold, and sponged OPI - Metallic 4 Life on the up part of my nail.
Then I sponged Orly - Space Cadet on the bottom half of my nail and added some duochrome glitter from Kleancolor - Chunky Holo Black.


I really like the effect of this gradient, giving a fire and space aspect that is really cool!
I'm also fascinated with all the polishes I used for this mani so I really like it!

What do you think?



You can find more informations on the challenge here: Ohlalapolish's Nail Art Challenge



Have a great day! <3

Candy



Follow Me on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. This is pure stunning! I love how it flows perfectly but it is complex. I am so wanting to duplicate this one. It's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great riff on galaxy nails! I actually did a galaxy nail for my post lol! It's my fave.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It wasn't intended in the first place but I like the dimension it gives to the nail art! :)

      Delete
  3. This is super cool, it reminds me of a piece of pottery I have!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love any comments, questions, or feedback, and try my best to respond! Please be courteous and don't spam or repeatedly link back to your own blog or website. :)