Thursday, August 9, 2012

Liebster Award!

Hey!

No nail pictures for now, but I have an exciting post! I have been nominated for the Liebster Award from Frenchie of Frenchie's Fairyland! Thank you!





Before I start, here are the rules of Liebster Award:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions that the "tagger" has set for them. 
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag. 
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post. 
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told. 
6. There's no tag backs. 


So here are the questions Frenchie asked me:

1. What's your favourite colour? (see nice and easy to start!) 
Purple!

2. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? 
I would like to be a cat! Free and agile, and having a silky-smooth hair! :)

3. Who or what inspires you? 
About nail-art inspiration? I like clothes patterns, and I'm a lover of colors, they inspire me a lot by themselves, being deep or fresh or delicate, every color has a personality and that inspires me for decorating my nails!
Let's go on about "who?". My boyfriend has really interesting ideas sometimes, and he whispered me a lot of my innovative designs!

 Into the nail community, Mr Candiipants gives me a lot of inspiration, and with her creativity, she makes me want to search for a new way to see my nail art. I love Ran Nail Design for her precision in painting details and intricate patterns, Madeline Poole for her way to new trends with her cool nail art. Stephanie from So Long Kitty was the one who showed me the harmony we can found in a manicure with different nails on the same hand. Nekonotsume was the one who attired me deep in the nail art thing, because of the elegance of her designs and her mastery of water marbling!
OK now I need to start a blog roll lol!

For more nail art that inspires me, go on my Pinterest board about Nail Art.

4. What is your favourite book and why? 
Do I have a favorite book? I must say I recently read a book named The Whispered, by Donato Carrisi and it was quite catching! I liked the Hunger Games series too.
But I must say the serie that I really loved was A Series of Unfortunate Events by Brett Helquist. These are really good books and when I read them they were from the library and I told myself that when I'll be grown up I'll have to own the entire collection in a pretty library!

5. What's your favourite drink? (alcoholic or non, your choice!) 
Something I really reach for is the cocktail named White Russian. But unfortunately it is a drink that makes you drunk before you notice, it tastes quite innocuous!

6. If you could make your own nail polish brand, what would you call it and why? 
I already though of that when I made a list of my stash, because I mixed some frankens ;) I called them Candy Cats, because of my name (Candice) and the sweetness of candy, and obviously because I love cats ;)


7. What nail polish do you have on right now? (pictures please!) 
They are shown in the post below, but here is a reminder ;)








8. What's your favourite manicure that you've ever done? 
I think it's my peacock manicure, I was really impressed that I could achieve it, and I thank Robin Moses for her tutorial!






9. What's been your favourite polish buy? 
I think my favorite nail polish buy was in fact my most expensive nail polish: OPI - DS Extravagance! I bought it back in January, in France. It was in sale and it was the first time I saw some DS polishes in a store! This one was a pretty deap color and it was in sale! But can you imagine the price? it was 17€ (21$) instead of 20€50 (25$). Yes 25$ is a normal price for a DS polish here... I was quite excited for this buy, and in fact DS Extravagance is still my favorite polish!
Funny fact: back in June I found two bottle of it at another sale: 6€50 (8$) per bottle!

10. What are your hobbies? (other than anything nail related!) 
Hmm I must say I spend too much time cooking! I like to cook and find new recipes! But I like to much to eat the results and this passion begins to be bad for my weight!
I am happy if I can craft, sew or do things myself (DIY) ;)
I must say I'm really interested in my studies: 3D image creation! But I'm quite unconfident of my ideas :s

11. What made you decide to start blogging?
At first, I really wanted to keep a track of my nail art, so I took pictures. But then I decided the normal thing to do was to share it and hear back about them ;) It was quite natural to do it, even if it takes some time ;)

Now onto the 11 quick facts about me:

 1- Most important thing: I am really unconfident.
 2- I'm french but I'm writing my blog in English!
 3- I've never tried caviar nails but they don't look appealing to me!
 4- I have a caffeine addiction (but of course I do not digest it well :/ )
 5- I miss singing so I think I'll smuggle in the university of music's choir this year ;)
 6- I adore Asian Food!
 7- I'm always late...
 8- ... so I rarely have the time to put makeup!
 9- I would like to travel the world.
10- Recently I've been wanting to try henna tattooing :)
11- If you read through this whole bunch of text, you're someone who makes me happy :)

Now here are the name of the bloggers I nominate for this Liebster Award:


Now here are the question I am asking them:

 1- What first put you into nail art?
 2- When did you started?
 3- What is the most beautiful manicure you've ever seen? The first that comes in your mind, don't think about this question more than 2 minutes ;)
 4- What's your favorite color?
 5- What's your favorite nail art technique?
 6- What's the brand of which you own the most nail polishes?
 7- What's an untried technique/trend you want to try soon?
 8- What's the polish you spent the most money on?
 9- Have you ever mixed your own nail polish?
10- How mani nail polishes do you own?
11- What's you're favorite (cooking) recipe?



Thank you again Frenchie for giving me this Award! :)


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love any comments, questions, or feedback, and try my best to respond! Please be courteous and don't spam or repeatedly link back to your own blog or website. :)